Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I still can't get his name right!

Today in seminary we learned about John Taylor and Wilford Wodruff, my group was assigned the latter. It took me about twenty minuted to get his name right, I wanted to say Wodrow Wilson, the President of the United States, but I have learned now. Anyway, we had to read about them and draw a picture of them. Unfortunately that task was left up to me. This kid traced McKay on a piece of paper, and it was left up to me to draw the face. Now, I am a really crappy artist, but I really outdid myself on this one.
He was blue, with a green beard, hair and face. He had no arms, probably because he burned them off when he fell into a cauldron of scalding water at the age of three (the story is true, him being armless...false).
When Brother Whimpey came over I asked him if it wasn't the best picture he has ever seeen. He took one look at it, then got a "tickle in his throat" and started coughing. Please, I know the cough was to cover his amusement.
All in all, it was a pretty good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment