Saturday, January 15, 2011

I felt like a five-year-old

Today I made a blog. But before that, I went to a place that brought me back to my younger, simpler years. Today, I went to the space center, at Central Elementary. It was Sadie's birthday a few weeks ago, and being her brillant self, she decided to have her party at the space center. It was wonderful. We were the oldest people there by at least four or five years, but did we feel weird about that? No. 
The kid in charge of our mission, was our age, went to our school, and had been in some of our classes. But did he treat us like the sixteen and seventeen year olds we are? No, no he did not. He made us all go to the bathroom, and made a point of telling us to wash our hands. The whole time I am feeling extremely wierd that a boy my own age is instructing me to go potty. I am a big girl, I know when my bladder needs relieving, and I don't appreciate being told when to go.
Then, he had us line up against a wall. Can you get more elementary than that?
Finally it was time. It was time to enter into space. I was communications. I talked with other ships, and intercepted alien messages. Without me, and the important information I collected, we probably would have died. When the aliens tried to come aboard our ship, we started screaming so loud, I am suprised no one called 911. I bet the people running the mission got a kick out of us. Eight teenage girls acting like five year olds who just got their toy taken away.
So all in all, it was probably the funnest day I have had in a long time, and plans have already been made to go again. The space center had better prepare.

No comments:

Post a Comment