Tuesday, April 19, 2011

What was I thinking?

Today I signed up for the blood drive...

I hate needles.
Last time I got a shot I cried my eyes out and begged them not to do it.
A few years before that, I actually ran out of the room to avoid a prick of the needle.
Pathetic?
Yeah, I know.
Once when a nurse was taking my blood, I threw up on her.
It was totally her fault.
She should not have dug around in my arm.
You do that, you get puked on.
Plus I have small veins.
Once a doctor had to feel around for half an hour before he could stick me.
But at least he only had to do it once.

So why you ask, am I willing signing up to do something that will cause me much anxiety and paing?
The answer is simple, because I can.
The blood drive is next Wednesday, my birthday is this Saturday.
And since the only new thing you can do at the ripe age of 17, is give blood, I might as well take advantage of my upcoming age, and save lives.
I guess at 17 you can buy tickets for rated R movies, but since I am a good LDS girl, I won't be doing that... so giving blood really is the only option.

No comments:

Post a Comment