Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Blood Drive

I gave blood today. Big accomplishment for me. I hate needles. My mom said that I wouldn't go through with it, but I proved her wrong. And what an experience it was.

It took them the full twenty minutes (plus a few extra) to get the amount needed, and they still almost didn't get enough. I would have been so upset if I sat through al that for nothing.

The people were really nice. Jake and Rachel both took my blood. That is right, I needed two people, not just one. They told me my vein was high-matainence, I do not doubt that. Rachel had to sit there and hold the needle in place for the whole time, minus five or so minutes.

Luckily I didn't feel too faint. I felt a bit funny for the rest of school, and still do in fact, but at least I didn't pass out. I know some people that did.

Plus I saved, not one, not two, but three lives. I feel good about that. The only disappointing thing was that they didn't hand out shirts this time. Instead they handed out keychains. Which I lost, so all I have to show for it is a small mark on my left arm.

I will probably be donating again.

No comments:

Post a Comment