Monday, September 17, 2012

just another manic monday

When I woke up this morning, I thought it would be just another Monday. I assumed I would wake up, groggier than normal, but still able to function. I assumed that I would go to my two classes and learn something so that I could become just a little bit smarter. I assumed that I would laugh with my roommates over stupid things, because that is just what we do. I assumed that I would text him all day and that everything would be great. I assumed that I would be experiencing just another Monday.

Instead I woke up this morning, groggier than usual, and not quite able to function. I went to my two classes but learned next to nothing, because I just wasn't in the mood to become smarter. I didn't laugh with my roommates because I have shut myself in my room the entire day, because I am not fit for human interaction. I watched Boy Meets World all day with my blanket covering both me and my laptop so that if someone walked into my room, I wouldn't have to see them and therefore talk to them. I did text him, but it didn't make everything great. When I woke up this morning, I didn't think I would be about to go a week or so without talking to my best friend.

 But it is okay. I have faith that things are happening for a reason, and that if I can push through these days when I don't want to move or get out of bed for whatever reason it may be, I will be happy in the end. I know that everyone has days like this and that I am not the only one. So I am going to stop feeling sorry for myself, because really, I have it pretty dang good. I am going to try to not let things bother me, and to learn to make the most out of every day I am given, because whether or not I choose to see it, there is something good in every day I live.

No comments:

Post a Comment